1. Plan Poochs’ approach to privacy
Plan Pooch believes privacy protection is very important and we are committed to protecting you and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice identifies how we collect, store, process, transfer, share and use data that identifies or is associated with you (hereinafter “personal information”).
The purposes of the applicable data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation), Plan Pooch is the data controller of personal information we keep about you.
2. Personal information collected
Plan Pooch collects personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us through our site or our app. Including signing up, become a VIP member, complete a form, correspond with us, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to a survey or promotion or use some other feature of our website or app.
Plan Pooch may collect personal information from you indirectly such as information about the pages you view on our site or our app. Information we may collect is:
Contact details: Name, your email address, your telephone number and physical addresses associated with your account.
Comments: When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone, post or by completing an online form we may record your comments. This includes, entering competitions or taking part in promotions.
Payment and transaction information: We will use payment and transaction information to process payment for VIP packages you purchase from us. Although we keep records of the transaction you make through our site or app, we do not store any financial details.
Login details: When you create an account your user name and password details are kept secure.
Preference centre: We will hold information about the preferences you set for notifications, marketing communications and how our site and app are displayed to you.
Use: We collect information surrounding how you use our site or our app such as the pages you view, time of day, duration, the website from where you came to our site or our app or go to after leaving our site or our app and any selections and choices you make when using our site or our app.
Moreover, we will collect information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other electronic device you use to connect to our site or our app. The information we collect about how you use or connect to our site is associated with your device and not you as a named individual. However, if you are logged into a registered account you have with us this information may also be associated with you directly.
Location: We will collect information about your searching location. We will not collect or track your exact location. Where necessary we will seek your consent before using information about your exact location. Recommendations: Sometimes, other visitors/recommendations to our site or users of our app provide information that is associated with you. We will only use this though where they indicate that you have provided your consent for them to communicate with you in this way.
Personal information: Plan Pooch will use all the personal information we collect to monitor and improve our site, our app and our procedures and processes. We will never make this public.
3. Personal information used, and our legal basis for use.
As required to conduct our business and market on legitimate interests. We will:
- Deliver electronic marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences. This can be edited in your dashboard.
- Post to your social network or to your friends in accordance with your privacy settings on each network.
- Use your comments and opinions to address your queries, issues and concerns and improve our service.
- Use comments and opinions you express ( on surveys, competitions or promotions) to determine offers that may be of interest to you.
- Use your preference settings for the purpose of providing notifications, sending marketing communications and displaying our site in accordance with your choices
Use information about how you use and connect to our site and our app to optimise your experience of our site or our app on your device, to determine offers that may be of interest to you for marketing purposes and to assess the success of our marketing campaigns
- Use an approximate location to ensure content on our site is relevant to the area, city, state or country you are using your device in
- Use your personal information help us develop new products and services
Where you provide us consent, we will:
- Place certain cookies and use similar technologies subject to consent requirements. Required by law, such as requests by governments or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised data to test our IT systems to improve our site and app.
4. Information we share with third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Hotel and travel operators
- Purchasers of our business
- Products and Services you ‘PoochPin’
- Law enforcement
- Vets, Groomers and other related service providers found on Plan Pooch
5. Marketing and Advertising
Our service is about providing you with the best search platform for your dog/s needs. Our marketing messages will be sent by email but occasionally we may also contact you by post or phone. If you are using our website or app we may also send you push notifications if you accept to receive them. If you do not want to receive, or wish to reduce, marketing messages from us, you will be able to tell us by changing your marketing preferences on your dashboard.
You can also change you marketing preferences at any time by following the instructions outlined below. Email –If you have an online account with us you can also opt-out of marketing emails through your dashboard. You can also visit the “your account” section of our site to manage the frequency of our notifications.
App push notifications – you can change your push notification preferences at any time in the account settings for the app.
We and our advertising partners will show advertisements to you on our site or app. Our advertising partners may collect information about how you use or connect to our site, our app or the types of other web pages, social media services, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to our site or app with, interact with, visit or view.
7. Storing and transferring personal information
International Transfers of your Personal Information:
We do not transfer any personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
8. How Long we keep your personal Information
We keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.
9. Accessing and correcting your personal information
- Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data is erased or corrected;
- Request that any automatic decision-making or profiling is reviewed;
- Request access to your personal data;
- Data portability; or
- The right to withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of any such processing prior to withdrawal of consent.
10. Links to third party sites
Our site will contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
11. Changes to this Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and so you should review this notice periodically. The version can be found at the bottom of the notice.
We will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. Be this by email or by placing a pop-up on our site or app.
13. Contacting us
If you want to get in touch to ask any questions about this notice, your privacy and your legal rights, please contact us at: Plan Pooch International House. 776-778 Barking Road, London. E13 9PJ – Registered in England & Wales Number: 11236982.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Anonymous performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website or app, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works.
The first time you use our online service you will be shown a cookie acceptance popup, once selected this will signify that you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences, however this may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.